(Dr Youmna Mouhamad at the BBC Wales studio to talk about her hair detangler innovation)
- Hub Member and spinout Holiferm have successfully raised $7million round to build an
eco-friendly biosurfactant plant. This cash injection is expected to bring a
"green jobs boost" and support their entry into US markets. Learn how.
Autonomy's latest Series A funding will power how we change the
human-machine interaction" In the aftermath of their $11 million Series A fundraise, Hub Member Humanising Autonomy have shared a blog post on their journey and plans for the
- Hub Member and autonomous technology startup Wayve have received £10 million of investment funding from
grocery logistics giant Ocado. This partnership aims to develop autonomous
grocery deliveries that can handle tough traffic on busy city streets. See how.
- Huge congratulations to Hub Member Jessi Baker, CEO and founder of Provenance - she has been awarded the Climate Pioneer award from the Pea Awards for her work using blockchain
technology to transform supply chain transparency to the consumer.
- Welcome to the hair revolution - Hub Member, CEO and founder of Nyfasi Dr Youmna Mouhamad is spotlighted in the BBC, for her detangling comb innovation for Afro textured hair and
her aim to be a role model for women from minority backgrounds.
- On top of winning Academy's Colin
Campbell Mitchell Award, Hub Member Dr Richard Taylor was recently named as a runner up at The IET Achievement Awards for his outstanding contribution
- Huge congratulations to Hub Member, CTO
and co-founder of Lixea Florence Gschwend - she is one of 21 women who have been nominated for the EU Prize for Women Innovators, for her exceptional
achievements in innovation.
- Congratulations to Hub Member Humanising Autonomy -they have secured $11 million of Series A funding to help
scale the use of its Behaviour AI platform. The technology is being developed
to ethically understand and predict human behaviour to inform business
decision making processes
- "Sometimes simple ideas are the
best" - Hub Member KwickScreen feature in The Times on their
retractable and hygienic screens for use as partitions for patients in
hospitals. COVID-19 proved to be the real test - which they aced.
- Tom Heap's "39 Ways to Save the Planet" podcast by BBC Radio4
and Royal Geographical Society will present 39 ideas to relieve the stress that climate change
is exerting on the planet. Hub Member CCm Technologies will be featuring in an
episode - listen to the podcast series here.
- Need some positivity in your life? Tom Heap's "39 Ways to Save the Planet" compilation book and
podcast reveals some of the real-world global solutions to climate change.
We're super thrilled Hub Member CCm Technologies is featured. To buy the book.
- The Academy held an event as part of its Critical Conversation series, with Hub Member Amrit Chandan,
co-founder of Aceleron. He discussed the right to repair and how we can end the throwaway culture
of appliances with Mark Miodownik and Academy CEO Dr Hayaatun Sillem. Watch it here.
- Such fantastic news - Hub Member Syndi Health have been named as a finalist in the Health Tech Challengers competition for the Mental Health category.
- Well done to Hub Member Salsa Sound, they've have
been named as a SVG Europe Sports TV Awards 2021 Finalist for their work with Manchester
City F.C. to create an innovative app-based solution for bringing real
emotion to virtual crowds at the height of COVID-19 restrictions.
- Congrats to Hub Member Hypervision
Surgical they've received the NIHRresearch i4i product development award to
conduct clinical neurosurgery studies for their novel imaging innovation,
designed to make brain tumour removal surgery safer and more complete. See how.
- Have a listen to Hub Member, CEO and
founder of Provenance Jessi Baker talk about all things greenwashing and regulation on the latest episode of Living Planet.
- Hub Member,
CTO and Co-founder of Lixea Florence Gschwend was featured as part of the Royal Society of Chemistry's Career Series to highlight the range of work that chemists do.
Florence uses chemical engineering as the foundation for her green technology
- Congratulations to Hub Member Brill Power
- today they have launched the first in a new class of intelligent battery management systems, which will transform the cost and performance of
energy storage systems by increasing battery life by up to 60%. Learn how.
- So great to see Hub Member Koalaa welcoming quadruple amputee Alex Lewis to their
headquarters yesterday. Alex aims to raise the Â£250k to provide children in
the UK under 9 who need a prosthetic through Project Limitless. To learn more.