(Dr Youmna Mouhamad being interviewed by ITV)
- Dr Youmna Mouhamad, Founder and CEO of Myana Naturals received ITV coverage on her work forming a support network for women and BAME science students at Swansea University's College of Engineering. She was inspired to use her experiences to encourage future youths and science students, and to make engineering a more inclusive profession. See it here.
- The Womenspire awards, run by Chwarae Teg is an awards ceremony recognising the achievements of some of Wales' most remarkable women. We were thrilled to see that Hub Member Dr Youmna Mouhamad won the 'Woman in STEM' category for her exceptional work creating a BAME network. To learn more about the awards, see here.
- Fantastic to see that Hub Member Seyi Sosanya, CEO and Founder of Gravity Sketch, has raised £2.9 million in funding for their virtual reality product design platform, within an industry which is expected to be worth $10 billion by 2022. Learn more here.
- Introducing the 'FitBit' for manufacturing - Hub Member Four Jaws have created a manufacturing execution system that will help production managers increase efficiency and unlock learnings with better monitoring of what is happening on their shop floors. Learn more about their technology here.
- Grain robot startup and Hub Member Crover will be taking to the global stage as one of 20 finalists for Startup Battlefield by TechCrunch Disrupt 2020, one of the world's prestigious startup competitions. Learn more about their grain swimming robot here.
- Hub Members Oxford Heartbeat, Odin vision and Mirada Medical were announced as winners of a AI in Health and Care Award at the Founders Forum event as part of London Tech Week. They will each be receiving a share of £50 million to test and scale their medical innovations, in a bid to put the UK as a world leader in healthcare. To learn more about the award, see here.