Holiferm invites applications from inspired, innovative and outstanding individuals for a full time technical role. Holiferm is facilitating the transition of the $36 billion surfactant market from harmful, oil based chemicals to biobased alternatives by working with the current market leaders to provide a collaborative innovation platform. Holiferm recently agreed its first technology license with a field leading surfactant company and received Series A VC funding, positioning us to significantly grow the business, enabling technology scale up and the application of our technology to molecules of interest in collaboration with a number of production companies, all activities in which the applicant will play a key role. We believe collaboration between companies, disciplines and individuals are the best ways to develop the biosurfactant industry and our company, and the successful applicant will have the opportunity to broaden their skill set by working with field leaders around the world, within a dynamic and friendly working environment. We offer a competitive pay package and benefits to attract incredible individuals to join our team based in Manchester, UK.
The successful candidate will be responsible for fermentation analytics, as well as developing downstream processing techniques to enhance the performance of our biosurfactant products. This will include purification methods, as well as techniques for chemical and/or enzymatic modification of the biosurfactants produced. The role will involve working with both the fermentation and the formulation team to ensure that the whole process provides products with suitable properties for a range of applications and industries. There will be opportunities to collaborate with external laboratories and universities to develop analytical processes in house, and to develop novel analytical processes to increase throughput. Ultimately, the candidate will play a key role in developing a range of differentiated biosurfactant products which Holiferm will take to market across a range of markets.
We are seeking highly motivated innovators who want to challenge themselves and others and fit well with our company philosophy, and first and foremost, get things done! The individual should have:
• Expertise in several analytical techniques, ideally including HPLC, MS, GC, FTIR.
• Experience in QC, analytical techniques, such as titrations, and solvent extractions.
• Experience of downstream separation processes at laboratory scale and ideally at pilot or industrial scale.
• Capability and desire to quickly develop processes iteratively and a willingness to test unfinished solutions.
• Proactive in ensuring work is completed accurately and efficiently.
• Previous experience in method development and validation.
• Specific knowledge of analytical techniques applied to biosurfactants.
• Experience of running fermentations.
• Knowledge of surfactant behaviour and formulation, in particular phase behaviour.
• Understanding of lipid/surfactant quantification and purification techniques.
To apply, please send a CV with covering letter to email@example.com, or email for further information. Position available immediately.