To apply for this position, please submit your application through LinkedIn here.
AirEx is looking for a talented Business Development Manager to join our mission to tackle Fuel Poverty and Climate Change.
AirEx is a rapidly growing cleantech start-up, designing and manufacturing the UK’s first smart air brick technology, helping householders reduce their energy bills without compromising air quality. We are looking to hire an exceptional Business Development Manager to execute the company’s business mission by leading AirEx’s commercial growth.
Climate change is the biggest challenge of our lifetime and this is an exciting opportunity to have an impact on this problem in one of the fastest growing areas of cleantech. AirEx’s mission is to lift millions of households out of fuel poverty and reduce the UK’s carbon emission with an affordable solution for the mass market. With our recent Ofgem approval under the ECO (Energy Company Obligation) scheme, AirEx is now entering an exciting new phase with ever increasing demand from social landlords, energy companies and retrofit installers. Your role will therefore be absolutely crucial in scaling the business.
- Generating leads and closing deals within existing sales channels, both B2B (energy companies, social landlords, installers) and B2C (homeowners)
- Managing existing B2B and B2C pipelines
- Identifying new sales leads via utilising existing relationships, reaching out to new customers, pitching the product at industry events, etc
- Arranging meetings with, and presenting to key B2B customers, strategic partners
- Answering inbound enquiries from the website
- Developing quotes and proposals, drafting contracts
- Negotiating and renegotiating contracts through personal meetings, email, phone
- Once the Sales Team expands, your role includes developing sales goals for the team and ensuring they are met
- Overseeing the supply chain from manufacturing to customer aftercare
- Working on forecasts and inventories, keeping record of the process and analysing performanc
- Working with the company’s founders to identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services/products, including capturing requirements from the market
The ideal Business Development Executive will be passionate about the cleantech and energy efficiency industry, eager to work in a start-up and happy to roll up their sleeves and take on anything comes their way. Ideal candidates have extensive relationship within social housing retrofit industry.
- You are ambitious, resilient and result-driven
- You are commercially minded
- You are a motivated self-started, proactive and hands-on
- You are articulate both verbally and on paper
- You can challenge the status quo and make your own ideas known
- You are keen to rapidly grow and develop with the company and are capable of taking on greater responsibility as the business grows
- You have a passion for start-ups and cleantech industry
- Minimum 6 – 8 years previous Business Development / Sales experience ideally from a company in the same or similar industry
- Full understanding of building retrofit industry / social housing market
- Existing relationships / strong network in social housing / retrofit industry - desirable
- Proven track record of bringing in new business and a natural ability to drive sales
- Track record of overseeing supply chain activities that impact Sales, addressing risks
- Must be self-motivated with a strong desire to succeed
- Well organised with previous experience using CRM systems (e.g. Pipedrive)
AirEx is a spin-out company from Sustainable Ventures; an incubator/VC that works with investors, entrepreneurial managers, corporate partners and public sector bodies to originate, build, grow, and exit sustainable businesses. SV’s portfolio companies benefit from the on-going support of the Sustainable Ventures management team who have already established 14 low carbon ventures, attracting over £250m in equity commitments. Furthermore, AirEx is located at Europe’s largest sustainable start-up hub, Sustainable Workspaces; a shared office space with over 600 members across 50+ cleantech start-ups.
- £40k - £60k base salary (depending on experience) + OTE
- Becoming part of a rapidly growing start-up operating in an exciting sector
- The opportunity to work on a product that will improve the lives of millions of people
- Managing your own work and enjoying plenty of freedom as part of a small, tight-knit team
- Flexible working: combination of home-based/on-site/office-based work (London HQ)
- An exciting, problem-solving and dynamic atmosphere, a flexible and fun work environment filled with passionate and extremely capable people
At AirEx we embrace diversity. To excel in our interdisciplinary work we need a team that can view problems from many perspectives. We are committed to hiring the best talents regardless of age, disability, gender, marital status, nationality, race, religion, sexual orientation, or social background.