We are looking for a talented Mechanical Engineer with excellent computational modelling and programming skills.
You will be working as part of our in-house product development team on our next generation hospital software technology. This is a critical role - the results of your work will be directly used by clinicians during brain surgeries. You will have a large amount of ownership and be deeply involved in producing, validating and deploying our technology in operating theatres around the world.
Solid theoretical knowledge of engineering and mathematical modelling principles is fundamental for the role. Candidates must have extensive experience with computational modelling, numerical methods, FEA/FEM, and must have a solid and demonstrated creative approach to mechanical engineering.
You will be part of the R&D team and directly responsible for building complex FEA models for latest medical devices to study their performance and benchmark our product. You will measure and evaluate the behavior of real devices and develop innovative algorithms to emulate their behaviour in a simulated world. In addition, you will create new test methods, design statistical experiments and perform verification studies.
The results of your work will play a transformative role in improving current clinical practice and the way brain surgeries are performed. You will be part of something truly meaningful.
- PhD / MSc in Mechanical Engineering (at least 2 years of experience)
- Experience with computational modelling
- Experience implementing FEA/FEM models
- Experience with Abaqus, Ansys or similar engineering packages
- Demonstrable coding ability
- Experience with medical devices
- Peer-reviewed publications in engineering
- C# / Python / MATLAB coding skills
- Experience working under a Quality Management System (ideally ISO 13485)
What can we do for you?
- Flexible work environment
- We'll train you in all we can, take you to conferences, seminars and happily bring you up to speed with anything you deem relevant in the industry
- Let you into our world, what you'll help us build will save lives.
If you have questions or want to apply, please contact/send a CV and short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.