Biorelate is a data science company committed to advancing promising therapeutics through principles of data curation and in silico drug discovery analyses. The company has developed a technology platform, Galactic AI™, which enables more comprehensive and unbiased curation of valuable data often missing from structured biomedical databases. Coupled with network pharmacology approaches and other analytical methodologies, Biorelate then use their platform to provide analyses into how therapeutics impact various molecular systems and diseases to offer a rationale for their use in addressing unmet medical needs.
We are a team of 25+ computer scientists, pharmacologists, data scientists and, industry professionals all working together to help achieve Biorelate’s mission. To ensure Biorelate continues to build a world-leading AI platform that supports developing important therapeutic innovations we are seeking a one-of-a-kind type individual who can truly ‘own’ the Galactic AI™ platform and ensure we are developing high-quality technical solutions that serve the industry’s top pharmaceutical companies.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Aligning the product roadmap with the company vision and communicating with stakeholders to understand business objectives.
- Managing the product backlog to prioritize needs and optimizing the value of the development team.
- Developing innovative and technical solutions for computational biology, text mining, natural language processing and, data science orientated problems.
Key skills required:
- Competent programming and technical skills in one or more programming languages (Python, Java, C etc.). We aren’t looking for a technical lead, although competent computer science skills will work in your favour.
- Advanced experience in one of computational biology, text mining, network pharmacology or natural language processing. Galactic AI™ is a platform that derives much of its value from structuring biomedical text and we are looking for innovators in this space.
- Strategically minded with a firm grasp of the BioData problems pharmaceutical and biomedical research companies face. You will typically have worked in a big pharma company or related service provider and will have experience of the challenges these companies face in being able to maximise value from curated biomedical data.
- Experience with biomedical data curation and curation schemas. You may be someone who has worked on data curation projects or to build large training data sets for projects.
- A firm grasp of machine learning and artificial intelligence. You will work alongside our lead data scientist and data scientists. An understanding of machine learning and AI algorithms would be beneficial.
- Testing experience through QA/QC & acceptance testing. You will be someone that values testing and has a solid understanding of acceptance testing and agile protocols for testing.
- Competitive pay. We recognize the value you will bring to our company, with a high ceiling to attract top applicants.
- Mature platform and technology with a focus on devops, modern cloud computing and efficient development practices to ensure exponential progress.
- Venture-backed with an accelerating growth rate and global traction. You will join as a key member of staff at a pivotal time in the company’s journey towards success. We have a large amount of capital and as a start-up are self-sufficient.
- Highly talented team to work alongside. We have a primary focus in maintaining very high standards in recruitment. You will work alongside some of the brightest and best in the industry.
- Share options available. We offer all staff significant share options, which are dramatically increasing in value as we scale.
- Highly motivating work. Our clients are world-leading pharmaceutical and biomedical research companies developing the innovations and treatments of the future. Your work will directly affect their progress.
- Central Manchester location. Our offices are based in the Manchester Science Park with excellent inner and outer city transport links.
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home opportunities
- Profit sharing/share options
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £55,000.00 to £90,000.00 /year
- product owner: 3 years (Preferred)