Location: East Kilbride, Glasgow
Posted: 1 month, 1 week ago
To lead the design, development and verification of the electrical, electronic and firmware aspects of a range of hardware products and devices that are part of, and integral to the product offerings of the Company.
What You'll Do
- Develop product requirement specifications to translate user and business needs into detailed and realistic technical requirements.
- Work with head of product engineering and project manager to develop product development project plans, including identification of risks, dependencies, timescales and contingencies.
- Lead device electronic sub system and PCB design and development.
- Lead device firmware device and development.
- Work with nominated engineering services suppliers and develop strong professional relationships. Take ownership of tendering for and managing external engineering consultancy work packages.
- Lead electronic and firmware development and testing of the products’ application specific functionality to ensure that it meets market demands and is fit for purpose during development and manufacturing.
- Work closely with product design engineers towards delivery of optimal device solutions against product specification requirements.
- Support manufacturing transfer activities related to product verification & design.
- Provide technical expertise to support Cutitronics sales and marketing activities.
- Ensure that all development activities are supported by suitable documentation of the design and design process.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of Cutitronics’ quality management system, particularly (but not exclusively) design-related procedures.
- Design and develop electronic & electrical hardware systems, with appropriate firmware, which are suitable for volume manufacture whilst meeting business, market and user requirements
- Develop strong working relationships with colleagues, development partners, manufacturing partners and other key suppliers to support the delivery of Cutitronics’ hardware products
- Line Management responsibility for Electronics Design and Firmware Development engineer(s) within the Product Engineering team.
- Educated to degree level
- Professionally qualified in relevant engineering and technology areas, preferably Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Minimum three years practical design and development experience in an embedded C/C++ RTOS environment
- Minimum two years technical project team leadership experience - preferably in similar combined hardware and embedded software position
- Experience of analogue and digital design
- Experience of developing embedded, micro controller-based systems with multiple sensor components
- Understanding of multiple interface technologies, including SPI, I2C & NFC
- Disciplined in Software Version Control
- Knowledge of short-range communication systems e.g. Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
- ECAD design experience
- Knowledge of cryptographic protocols and standards an advantage
- Knowledge of relevant EMC & radio equipment standards, system design for EMC and EMC test techniques
- Experience of the full product development lifecycle from concept design through verification testing, manufacturing transfer and post-launch product improvements
- Proven experience of innovation
- Project engineering, supplier, contractor and peer to peer liaison experience
- Familiarity with product development process and procedures, ideally in an ISO13485 or ISO9001 quality management system
- Experience of developing devices including NFC, ISO 14443 and ISO 15693 would be an advantage but not a requirement
- Known for acting with integrity
- Able to develop and design content from ideas and trends which may not initially be obvious
- Focused on high standards of results
- Able to deal with ambiguity demonstrating a flexible approach
- Inclusive in style recognising the power of diverse talents
- Enjoys a challenge!
Languages: Fluent English and any other language helpful
Other: Role may require travel in the UK and Overseas
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide:
- Your CV
- Covering letter detailing why you would be a good fit for this position
- Salary requirements