Start your application here.
Breathe Battery Technologies is a spin-out from Imperial College London developing a new class of battery management software. The company was founded in pursuit of universally clean air and a sustainable earth. Today Breathe is actively developing the technologies to improve battery safety, performance and cost, to support the electrification of our planet’s transport systems.
We create battery state estimation and control methods that provide deep insights into battery health. We use these insights to improve the battery and to provide great software products to the automotive and consumer electronics markets.
If you join us, you'll work on meaningful projects within a friendly team. You'll have the opportunity to achieve something great, and you'll be immersed in a dynamic, fast-moving environment in the heart of London.
You will take up a leading role in Breathe’s Software Engineering team and will be working on developing advanced battery management solutions for automotive and consumer electronics applications. You will be developing and managing embedded software and deploying innovative algorithms on state-of-the art hardware while ensuring adherence to automotive software standards. You will help junior software engineers develop their technical skills and be the leading expert of Breathe’s Software team.
- Leading role in defining and managing Breathe’s software development and integration processes
- Developing embedded solutions based on high-level requirements
- Heading Breathe’s software quality and standards compliance efforts
- Integrating advanced battery estimation and control algorithms in diverse hardware platforms
- Supporting the development of new battery state estimation and control methods with our battery engineering team
- Managing and overseeing our embedded software projects, ensuring reliability and compatibility across our product line
- 5+ years of experience in automotive embedded software engineering, with experience in different microcontroller/System on Chip architectures
- Experience with high-volume and prototype software development
- Deep understanding of automotive software development processes and standards (ASIL, Automotive SPICE, AUTOSAR)
- Programming language experience: MATLAB/Simulink (embedded code generation), Embedded C/C++, Python (scripting)
- Experience with real-time control is a plus
- Experience with batteries is a plus
- A team player with a proactive attitude
- Able to thrive in an innovative, rapidly evolving & scaling environment
- Kind and conscientious
- A small, talented and cohesive team delivering exciting products
- The ability to have a big say in how the company is run and where we are going
- Share options scheme
- 34 days holidays per annum including public holidays
- Ethical pension scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Central London location
Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis. Start your application here.