RHEON LABS is innovative start up in the fast-growing materials technology business with an initial focus on the exciting and diverse branded sports sector. The company has incredible family culture where the people are the heart of the company and everybody counts. We offer this amazing opportunity due to the large growth within the organisation.
The New Role
RHEON LABS is building a team to widen the commercialisation of this exciting technology. Whilst the initial focus is on the sports-apparel sector, there are significant opportunities in several other sectors such as electronics, healthcare and defence. As part of its sports strategy, RHEON LABS is building the RHEON ingredient brand which will be carried by its key customers on their product labels.
The Quality Development Engineer role’s primary responsibilities will be:
- Devise, manage and review Quality Assurance documentation i.e. Product Specifications, Standards of Quality
- Compile quality documentation supplied by outsourced manufacturers i.e. Production Parameters Records, Certificate of Conformity etc
- Lead investigation into reported quality complaints or problems using appropriate quality tools i.e. 8D, 5Y etc
- Ensure strong process for first article approvals and catalogue retained samples
- Input quality assurance needs into the development process
- Analyse quality related data, supplier KPI’s and introduce basic statistical quality tools
- Contribute to developing Rheon Labs’ Quality Assurance Strategy
- Prepare and present reports and metrics to Senior Management
- Coordinate with testing team
- Manage the efficient and accurate flow of correspondence and information, both incoming and outgoing with internal and external parties
- Define the appropriate type and level of inspection of processes and products and help coordinate resource to enable inspection.
- Manage quarantined and/or non-compliant material and product
- Drive financial recourse for errors with suppliers or providers.
- Be on the lookout for opportunities for improvement and develop new efficient procedures
- Support team with absence cover & any other duties as required by the company
We are looking for someone who:
- 2-5 years of experience as an Engineer or Quality Assurance role
- Exposure to basic Quality Assurance tools and processes
- Excited about working with outsourced suppliers and partners in UK, EU, USA and Asia.
- Ability to build and shape a new department; a sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Organized, excellent attention to detail, ability to take elements to a full conclusion and good at managing time
- Flexibility and ability to work in a fun agile environment
- Great interpersonal and communication skill
- Good Microsoft Office skills with ability to use Excel to objectively review, analyse and manipulate data
- Good sense of how to contribute to teams in a project environment.
- Fluent English, strong oral and written communication skills (additional Languages an advantage but not necessary)
- Enjoys working in a fast-growing positive company
- Willingness to grow and learn from experienced managers who have managed fast-growth success
- Ability to perform well without close supervision an advantage
- Team player, good energy and positive nature will fit with an excellent vibrant team
Our offer to you
You will be:
- Playing a pivotal role in an organisation with great potential for expansion and growth
- Working on exciting, ground-breaking products with global sports brands
- Enjoying a great office atmosphere of collective endeavor, exploration and mutual support
- Immersed in a range of leading-edge prototyping and production solutions at the interface between the plastics-processing and fabric/garment industries
- Developing not just new products but new, ground-breaking processes, capabilities and knowledge
- Engaging in a role that will require formal, and informal communications with our high-profile customers and commercial partners
- Working alongside highly experienced senior staff and great opportunity to learn and develop
RHEON LABS is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
To apply for this job, please see: https://rheonlabs.recruitee.com/o/quality-development-engineer/c/new