Contract: Freelance or permanent
To apply: Please email over a cover letter and CV to Harish via firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an ambitious, curious and passionate team helping law enforcement, insurers, corporates and public services to closely collaborate in order to better protect society by utilising technology advancements. Through enabling fast and effective dissemination of critical insights to the right people at the right time, we are working towards inspiring cultural and behavioural change. In times of growing societal and environmental change, we strive to enable organisations to maximise their resilience.
We envisage a future in which property owners and policy holders will seamlessly use technology to make proactive, best informed long term and dynamic decisions to protect organisational and financial value and make insurance more efficient for all stakeholders.
We are looking for a Senior Python Engineer to join our engineering team to help continue building the foundation of our application in a way that scales well, with both load and team size. You’ll be experienced in build, development, test and deployment. You’ll have an excellent track record of delivering great engineering solutions to complex problems, while being highly respected by your peers and team members. You’ll be deeply passionate about the product you own.
Our stack is a python backend consisting of 30+ python microservices hosted on AWS with queues, lambdas and SQL (RDS / Postgres) databases, feeding data into our API. Our front end consists of a React web app.
Your responsibilities include:
● Spearheading the future iteration of our SmartResilience product by implementing new backend services to be consumed by the web application and API
● Lead architectural decisions that shape the product and organizational decisions that define the process. Evaluate new approaches, tools and technologies
● You would be expected to apply fundamental engineering and mathematical skills to solve problems and overcome challenges, not just develop code. For people with the right mindset, this frame of mind provides an intellectually stimulating environment.
● 4+ years experience (2+ years using Python)
● Strong computer science fundamentals such as data structures, algorithms, discrete mathematics, software design patterns
● Experience in relational database management and SQL query optimisation
● Passion for writing clean, modular, well-commented, readable and reusable code
● Ability to think out of the box with a can-do attitude to get things done efficiently
● Excellent communication skills with ability to articulate technical concepts in plain English
● Experience in managing more junior team members
● Top academics (BSc, MSc or PhD) in computer science, engineering, computational physics, mathematics or another field with strong computational curriculum
As you can see, we have big plans and are eager to grow our team of dreamers and doers to achieve our vision:
● 25 days holiday
● Stock options
● Flexible work environment
● A laptop of your choosing
● A diverse bunch of smart colleagues
● Ownership and real responsibility.