Provenance is a platform that empowers brands to take steps toward greater transparency. With our technology, businesses make the origin, journey and impact behind products transparent to the millions of shoppers that want to know more.
From ingredients and farm data to workers rights and recycling instructions, Provenance connects what shoppers care about – to the brands and products that match their needs and values.
Enabled by blockchain, mobile and open data, our software gathers and shares key product information and stories in a way that’s secure, trustworthy and accessible – bringing the supply chain to the shopper, online and in-store.
Working as a Software Engineer at Provenance you will:
- Build new features throughout the stack, with a focus on backend development and integrations with blockchain and other services
- Help to maintain existing features and support the wider team in achieving company goals
- Have a good understanding of the various architectures and components of modern, scalable web application stacks
- Communicate complex technical concepts and solutions to team mates, customers and our wider engaged community of organisations and individuals
- Take a lean, test-driven approach to solving problems
- Proactively look for ways to improve our processes, software quality and maintainability
- Learn new skills and technologies to improve your knowledge and ability to contribute to the team
You’re looking for a role that brings purpose to a 9-5. You have an interest in future-facing technologies and want to contribute to building the future of brand trust. You are hungry to build your knowledge of distributed ledger technologies and use tech to enable positive change. You have a strong track record of designing and building software systems using agile methodologies.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experience designing and architecting scalable, web-based systems that solve real business problems
- Good understanding of the various architectures and components of modern, scalable web application stacks
- Great communication skills: you will need to communicate complex technical concepts and solutions to team-mates, customers and our wider engaged community of organisations and individuals
- Ability to pick up new ideas, concepts and technologies quickly
- Experience working in lean, iterative ways to create software from the ground up
- Interest in building blockchain-based systems – familiarity with Ethereum (solidity, web3.js, truffle) is advantageous
- Belief in the potential for technology to help solve systemic challenges
- Belief in the opportunities for public blockchains to be a force for good
- A pragmatic approach to introducing open, distributed technology as a part of an established, growing technology business
- Lean, test-driven approach to solving problems
- Open to new or unfamiliar technologies
- Active interest in technological developments
- Competitive salary
- Employee share option program
- 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working options (both location and times)
- Training and development opportunities
- Team workshops and regular social events
- Opportunities for global travel
We are committed to growing a diverse team with equal opportunities for all. A handful of us work remotely from within the UK, and from other cities in Europe.
Submit your CV and cover letter through Workable, here.