Salary: Highly attractive remuneration package (negotiable)
Start date: December 2019
Role type: Full-time 40 hours per week
Company website: RAB-Microfluidics.co.uk
RAB-Microfluidics is an award-winning Scottish startup company that aims to revolutionise the way petroleum fluid analysis is carried out by making the process automated, rapid, mobile and more cost-effective. RAB-Microfluidics was founded to productise and commercialise proprietary microfluidic lab-on-chip technology. Our automated technology permits point-of-need analysis of petroleum fluid thus ensuring the real-time continuous testing and analysis of lubricating oil in machinery at remote and hard-to-reach locations, e.g. offshore. The company is currently testing a prototype of its product and aims to deliver a commercial product within the next 12 months.
The commercial manager will be responsible for the sale of the product into the target markets of maritime, wind and oil & gas industries. This role is expected to develop and grow business opportunities for the product to maximise sales revenue and profitability. The ability to travel to various client locations on a regular basis, both in the UK and overseas, is required. The commercial manager will report to the CEO, and work closely with the executive team and its external advisers. The main interfaces for this role are the internal team, external stakeholders and potential customers of the product.
- Work with the Managing Director to develop and execute a strategy for the sales and marketing of the company’s products.
- Establish and execute sales goals.
- Work closely with the Managing Director and advisers on business leads.
- Develop and build rapport with new and existing network of contacts for the purpose of commercialising new products.
- Identify and establish relationships with decision making units within companies across the industry to enable product sales.
- Develop an understanding of the client’s goals, needs and concerns and clearly communicate this to the working team.
- Identify, develop and lead sales opportunities through existing networks, industry calls to clients, company visits, social media platforms and attendance at trade shows and conventions.
- Create sales contracts and agreements and successfully close sales deals.
- Manage and execute short and long-term marketing goals, plans and programs, to capture the company’s anticipated market share, ensure profit growth, and the expansion of products and/or services.
- Effectively present information to top management, board of directors and public groups. This will also involve presenting at events and conferences
- Help develop strong insight into the maritime industry to enable development of strategic commercialisation plans.
- Observe relevant current events, business trends and competitor activity in order to gain information to make good business decisions and improve company strategy. Seek out and use industry sources and consumer information.
- Respond to common enquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Develop and manage monthly and annual commercial/business development/sales budgets.
- Track commercial/business development results so objectives are achieved within designated budgets.
- Develop marketing tools as appropriate to support market penetration, including a CRM platform for client and project opportunities.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience in a business development role, ideally within the maritime industry, with an established network of contacts.
- Proven and evidenced track record of success in business development and closing multi-million-pound sales deals.
- Works well independently and is a self-starter.
- International sales experience would be an advantage.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a covering letter and a copy of your CV (no more than two pages) outlining your suitability for the role and your interest in working at RAB-Microfluidics to email@example.com