Want to be part of a team transforming healthcare?
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineering Technician with a background in product development and prototype assembly and test. This is a varied role in which you will have the opportunity to apply your skills and creativity to significantly impact company technology. You will be working closely with a bright and creative team who have deep experience in research, product development and design. You will assist with both progression of engineering documentation from prototype to production and prototype assembly testing. You will have an unrivalled opportunity to develop cutting edge technology for the Medical Imaging industry to revolutionise healthcare options for millions.
Medical imaging affects lives. An inconclusive first diagnosis can be frustrating and sometimes life threatening. A referral for a CT scan can mean a delay in diagnosis and therefore treatment. Moving a patient to and from an X-ray or CT machine in ICU or A&E can be dangerous and in radiology, early cancer detection is vital to help save lives.
At Adaptix we are helping make 3D imaging more accessible to the people who need it by producing a flat-panel X-ray source that is safer, lighter, more capable and lower cost than existing technology.
We value our diverse team and are looking for talented, motivated and self-directed people to join us. This is an exciting time to join our team as we gain recognition for our ground-breaking work: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/stargazing-technology-used-to-spot-cancer.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Assembly and assisting with test of prototype product test jigs and systems
• Liaising with machine shops and vendors to ensure projects are achieved according to time and budget deadlines
• Creating and interpreting CAD and technical drawings for manufacture using SolidWorks
• Progressing prototype drawings to production release
• Assisting with the production of product work instructions
• Maintaining safe working environments and following protocols to ensure compliance with company and regulatory standards
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Minimum qualification of HND in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent experience
• Experience of working with CAD packages in a mechanical engineering environment
• Experience of working with engineering documentation within a PDM system
• Precision product assembly and test
• Manual prototype assembly
• Proactive and results-driven with the ability to identify and troubleshoot potential problems to their successful resolution
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
• Working to BS8888 for technical product documentation, geometric product specification, geometric tolerance specification and engineering drawings
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Desirable Skills and Experience:
• Experience of working with SolidWorks
• Manual prototype assembly in a clean room environment
• Experience of working with high voltage and vacuum systems
• Familiarity with Agile working methodology
• Metal machining experience (e.g. using vertical mill and lathe)
• Industrial Health and Safety experience
Please email your CV and a cover letter outlining your interest in this role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that you have the right to work in the UK before applying to work with us.
We are based in the Oxfordshire area (Begbroke Science Park and Harwell Campus) and Scotland central belt. This is a full-time (37.5 hours/week) permanent position based primarily in Begbroke. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 1st December 2019, however should we find a suitable candidate before this date the position may be filled earlier.