All modules in the Fast Forward programme will be available from June 2021. All workshops are open to both startups and scaleups with the exception of the sales workstream which provides specific workshops for each. The modules content is designed to advance the knowledge acquired during your previous programme at the Enterprise Hub (Enterprise Fellowships, SME Leaders, Pathways to Growth).
The delivery of the programme will last for three months.
Module: Business Strategy
Content: Understanding competitive advantage, what does it take to become first-movers and how competitive advantage can ensure business sustainability.
Module: Business Governance
Content: Governance is the collection of mechanisms, processes and relations used to control and to operate a company. Business risk implies uncertainty in profits or danger of loss and events that could cause a business to fail. The workshop will explore these two critical topics.
You will learn:
- How to structure your business effectively (identifying and distributing roles within the company)
- Choices to consider in terms of structures and capabilities
- How to further develop these as your business grows
- Risk identification and how to manage this to avoid business failure
Module: Business Marketing
- Marketing fundamentals (The 4ps and how to use them)
- Marketing in the context of growth
- Customer segmentation and profiling
- Generating your first leads and how to secure your 1st 100 customers
- Setting clear objectives, KPIs and metrics for growth
- Marketing channel planning
- Creating/refining your 1-page marketing plan
Module: Digital Marketing
- An overview of digital marketing channels and their benefits
- Tools, trends, and the role of Search Engine Optimisation
- Assessing your organisation’s current resources and capabilities
- Building a digital marketing plan and incorporating it into a wider strategy.
- Understanding the importance of branding
- Defining your brand positioning (and how to leverage this for growth)
- Crafting your brand story and sharing it with the world
- Defining your culture and protecting it as you grow
- Customer persona identification
- Ensuring consistency as you scale up
Sales: Workshop for startups
Content: A practical guide to business development
- What is sales and how does it fit into your company structure, e.g. interface to products/ tech, marketing, value proposition and business canvas, common misconceptions
- The sales process, its stages, cycle and common mishaps
- Dos and don'ts of sales pipeline management including KPIs and when is a CRM relevant
- The importance of lead generation and ruthless qualification
- How to manage a sales team and other lessons learnt
Sales: Workshops for scaleups
Content: How to scale your sales
How to create enough opportunities in your sales pipeline
- How to balance between new leads and working on current leads
- How much time should you spend generating new leads
What techniques work for lead generation
- What is the value of routes to market
- How to work with partners
- How to create both brand awareness and getting people interested in talking with your company
- Can you use LinkedIn?
How to manage your pipeline to close a deal quickly
- Do you understand your clients buying vision?
- How do you get to the close stage of a deal with all questions answered – make the close simple
People Management: Workshop One
Content: Fundamentals of managing a team
- What is people management?
- Recruit the right people and retain talent
- Task vs people management and why you need to be able to do both
- Line management
- The art of delegation
- Why effective 1-2-1s are critical – who and how?
- Roles and responsibilities
- Managing conflict
People management: Workshop Two
Content: How to build a values-based organisation
- How to identify your organisation’s values
- Establishing the right policies to embed your values into the business
- Why diversity and inclusion are crucial for business success
- How to embed diversity and inclusion throughout your business
- Managing conflict and difficult conversations
Module: Wellbeing -Workshop One
Content: Nourishing your wellbeing
Wellbeing starts with you. This session will enable you to discover how to access a resourceful and resilient state, respond to challenges effectively and build a work-life balance.
- Managing stress and work-life balance
- A framework for understanding limiting and resourceful states so you can build awareness and recognise patterns of thinking
- Practical exercises that will show you how to feel calm and present so you can access a high-performance state
- Strategies to re-centre and ground yourself during times of stress
- A plan for building a work-life balance and creating new habits
Module: Wellbeing - Workshop Two
Content: How to support your team’s wellbeing
By building support and trust with others, you can lead a team in which individual and collective wellbeing is truly valued, creating the optimal environment for people to live and work well.
- A coaching tool for talking about, recognising and acknowledging difficult feelings so you can practice listening and connecting with others
- A framework for setting positive outcomes to support you in creating specific action for yourself and others
- Sharing learnings to create an action plan on how to take this forward into the business to create a culture of wellbeing
Two meetings per entrepreneur – a first session and a follow-up to monitor progress in the following subjects:
- Business Strategy
- Product and Service Innovation