Dedicated contact point for the Royal Academy of Engineering Enterprise Hub in Northern Ireland
As a national Academy, the Royal Academy of Engineering is in a position to provide specialist support for engineering and technology startups and scale ups. The creation of its first regional Enterprise Hub in Belfast marks an exciting step in the Academy’s mission to develop a truly national resource, fully accessible and available to ambitious, high-potential entrepreneurs across the UK.
Creating and building a community
Led by a senior business development manager, the Enterprise Hub in Belfast will function to:
- Advise technology entrepreneurs and SME Leaders seeking to apply for Hub support
- Provide a local point of contact for Northern Ireland’s universities to help deliver RAEng Enterprise support programmes in the region
- Build links and play a leading role in the regional engineering policy and funding ecosystem
- Host a programme of regional Hub events:
- talks by established technology entrepreneurs
- pitching/ reverse pitching events
- specialised sessions on IP, marketing, raising finance
- Promote opportunities for peer connections
- Link Northern Ireland engineers with the Academy’s skills, recruitment and diversity and inclusion activities.
David Cleevely CBE FREng, Chair of the Royal Academy of Engineering Enterprise Committee and serial entrepreneur and investor says the regional Enterprise Hub will provide specialist support:
“There is a great entrepreneurial culture in Northern Ireland with strong focus on engineering and technology, building on its rich innovation heritage. The Enterprise Hub can add value here by providing specialist support to entrepreneurs and giving them access to the Royal Academy of Engineering’s network of world-leading engineers. We want to help this vibrant start-up community to grow.”
Enterprise Hub support in Northern Ireland
The Royal Academy of Engineering: Recognising and rewarding exceptional engineering talent in Northern Ireland.
Learn more about how the Enterprise Hub has been supporting entrepreneurs and academics in the region over the past decade.
Meet our Northern Ireland Hub Members
What can the Enterprise Hub in Northern Ireland do for you?
In collaboration with local partner, Invest NI, the Academy has appointed Gillian Gregg, Senior Regional Business Development Manager for Enterprise Hub Northern Ireland.
Having started her career in the private sector, she has worked in R&D&I economic policy research across both the public and university sectors for over 20 years. With a strong focus on engineering-led growth, Gillian’s experience working with the Advanced Manufacturing, Materials and Engineering sector across Northern Ireland provides the Hub with particular insight from across a wide range of regional stakeholder perspectives.
You can follow the Enterprise Hub on social media for the latest news and updates, or sign up to our newsletter to receive alerts on programme openings and Hub events.
- @RAEng_Hub - The main Enterprise Hub Twitter channel
- @GGregg_RAEngHub - For news and updates specific to Northern Ireland
LinkedIn: @Enterprise Hub
Royal Academy of Engineering Enterprise Hub
The Ormeau Baths
18 Ormeau Avenue
Other Academy support in the region
The Academy also provides academic support for UK based early-career to senior engineering researchers, as well as recognise exceptional achievements in the engineering sector with a range of awards and accolades. For more information, please check out the links below, and get in touch with Gillian with any queries.
- Research Fellowships
- Research Chairs and Senior Research Fellowships
- Royal Academy of Engineering Prizes and Medals
We know starting out is hard. That's why we've compiled a list of Northern Ireland based support for you to explore here.