Engineering entrepreneurs are needed now more than ever. Our world is facing unprecedented challenges. To adapt and address the needs of our local and global community, we must continue to invest in entrepreneurs and innovators - and their innovations and ideas - if we want to achieve real progress in society.
As a charity, the Royal Academy of Engineering is funded by income from statutory, corporate and philanthropic sources. The Enterprise Hub needs vital investment to equip our passionate entrepreneurs and scaleup leaders with crucial resources to thrive and create meaningful global change.
Your support will directly help some of the UK’s brightest engineering and technology innovators to:
- build exceptional connections by accessing a global network of innovators and industry leaders
- access world-class mentoring
- receive equity-free funding
- gain introductions to leading corporate partners
- be a part of a community of change-makers.
The Enterprise Hub's mission is to accelerate excellent engineering innovation to build a sustainable society and inclusive economy. We do this by creating lasting, exceptional connections between talent, expertise, and investment. Through expert-led training and mentoring, we develop engineers into bold and creative entrepreneurs.
Make an Exceptional Pledge
If you're a current awardee or Hub Member, you can support future engineering entrepreneurs like you by making an Exceptional Pledge at your exit or sale of a company. Your pledge will support the UK's most promising engineering and technology entrepreneurs, including by expanding the Enterprise Hub's programmes and increasing crucial opportunities for mentoring and networking.
Become a corporate partner
Access ground-breaking ideas through partnership.
Leave a legacy gift
Help future engineering innovators and business leaders with a gift.
Enterprise Hub supporters
The Enterprise Hub is supported by a network of funding bodies, partner organisations and individuals. Each of them brings a unique contribution, from financial support to time and expertise. The work of the Enterprise Hub would not be possible without their generous support:
- Ian Shott CBE FREng
- Dr John Taylor OBE FREng
- Mr Tudor Brown MBE FREng
- Prof Peter Cawley FREng FRS
- Dr Nikolay Cherkasov
- Maria Dramalioti Taylor
- David Gammon HonFREng
- Prof Kirill Horoshenkov FREng
- Prof Kai Luo FREng - Cupe Technology Ltd.
- Prof Marie-Madeleine Martinet
- Dr Robert McKinlay CBE FREng
- Aleida Rios FREng
- Dr Simon Thomas FREng
- Keith Thrower OBE FREng
- Dr Gil Travish
- Hugh Varilly
- Prof Robert Witty FREng
We are grateful to our donors who wish to remain anonymous.
- Department for Science, Innovation and Technology
- Invest Northern Ireland
- AgorIP project in collaboration lead partner Swansea University, along with HEIs and Health Boards across Wales
Trusts and Foundations
- The ERA Foundation
- The Royal Commission Exhibition of 1851
- Beacon Capital
- Mathys & Squire