Celebrating a decade accelerating engineering excellence
The past 10 years have seen the Enterprise Hub significantly enhance its offer. We have built a rich community of entrepreneurs and business leaders alongside our prestigious network of Academy Fellows and experts, as well as strengthening local innovation ecosystem by establishing a physical presence in multiple locations outside London.
Our tailored programmes have also seen substantial investment, enabling us to support a greater number of the UK’s boldest and most disruptive entrepreneurs and business leaders to solve some of the greatest challenges of our lives.
Over the next 10 years, we will continue providing more support for our alumni through lifetime Hub memberships, building an international network of entrepreneurs, Academy Fellows and allies, and expanding our regional Enterprise Hub networks.
A decade of supporting engineering spinouts, startups and scaleups
The Enterprise Hub supports talented entrepreneurs and decision-makers to transform breakthrough engineering innovations into disruptive spinouts, startups and scaleups. We look for bold, IP-rich innovations from all areas of engineering and technology that can solve the world’s most complex environmental, economic, and societal challenges.
building a community of entrepreneurs
plus awarded in grants funding
spinouts and startups launched
10th Anniversary Impact Report
Celebrating 10 years of accelerating UK engineering innovation. Download the full report for detailed information and a timeline of the Enterprise Hub's achievements over the last decade.
We connect talent with expertise and investment to accelerate engineering and technology across the UK. Our Enterprise Hubs in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales strengthen local innovation ecosystems, and create opportunities for tech-specific networking in ‘digital and physical infrastructures’, ‘climate and sustainability’, and ‘health and resilience’.
We advance engineering innovation by:
- Investing grants and training in entrepreneurs with IP-rich engineering ideas and products through our unique programmes
- Building a rich community of Hub Members alongside our prestigious network of Academy experts
- Leading the conversation on progressive values and trends in UK engineering entrepreneurship.
- Our entrepreneurs benefit from the unique, prestigious national and global network of the Royal Academy of Engineering that brings together expert Academy Fellows, industry pioneers, like-minded innovators, funders, business leaders, researchers, and policymakers.
- We have delivered 10 years of success, enabling our members to form a powerful, thriving, and supportive community.
- We run four programmes at multiple stages, from ideation to scale-up, with support for entrepreneurial engineers at different career points. We don’t take equity, fees or IP.
- Thanks to our charitable status, we can focus on supporting excellence in engineering by helping innovators to fulfil their potential, founding and leading enterprises.
Our programmes and Hub Members
Our Hub Members share their experiences of taking part in our programmes and how it has transformed their business.